International Pilot Program
Air Fleet Training Systems has trained over 3,000 international students since we opened in 1991. Our procedures have streamlined the process for getting started into a few steps. We have plenty of bilingual instructors to help you get started. If you’re interested in becoming a student pilot in New Jersey, we can customize a program just for you.
M-1 Student Visa
Air Fleet excels at assisting the needs of internationals students, including lodging. Students who are not US citizens and reside in foreign countries/or are visiting from foreign countries must obtain an M-1 student visa prior to beginning their training at Air Fleet Training System. The visa process consists of the following steps:
- The Air Fleet Training Admissions Department holds a telephone/Skype consultation with the student to gather required information and go over the review training requirements and visa process.
- Student pays $150 application fee to Air Fleet. Air Fleet Training applies for an I-20 on the student’s behalf. Air Fleet Training mails the original signed I-20 form to the student.
- Student submits I-901 form online and pay $200 for it.
- Student applies to the local US Consulate for his/her visa interview. The student can arrange for the interview while the I-20 is still in transit, but the visa interview must be least 10 days after the date the I-20 was applied for to allow sufficient time for the student to receive the I-20.
- Student attends the visa interview at the local US Consulate or embassy, making sure to arrive with all required documentation. Student receives visa.
For more information on the M-1 student visa application, please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#4.
If you have any questions on becoming a student pilot in New Jersey at our facility, feel free to contact us.